Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Why have a Daughters in My Kingdom Blog?


The First Presidency has directed the preparation of Daughters in My Kingdom: The History and work of Relief Society.  They have encouraged sisters to "study this book and allow its timeless truths and inspiring examples to influence [their] lives."  To encourage myself and others to read, study, ponder, and apply the teaching of this book I have created this blog.  I hope it will a place where sisters can share thoughts, feelings, experiences, and questions they have while reading this book.  I will write posts for the different sections of the book with my own feelings.  Hopefully this will be a place where testimonies can be shared and strengthened. I look forward to learning and growing with you.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for giving us a place to share as we read through this wonderful book. As I started reading this past week, I felt impressed to write down the scriptures that are mentioned and to use them as a challenge in my life of things that I can improve on and do better in my daily efforts to follow the Savior. Here are two of my favorites from Chapter 1: 1 Timothy 5:10 "Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints' feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work." and Romans 16:2 "for she has been the succourer of many". We are so blessed to have this book about righteous women through the ages who have chosen to show their love for the Savior by doing good, strengthening families and helping wherever and whenever they see a need. I am hoping that I can learn how to do this better as I read their inspiring examples.

    ReplyDelete